Dive into the beautiful world of Oxford style fine point punch needle rug hooking! This Level-1 course in a vibrant sunflower theme will give you all the essential foundation skills in fine point punch needle from start to finish.
Zoom classes run 2-4 pm CST on the Thursdays of Nov 17 (skip the 24th for Thanksgiving weekend), and Dec 1, 8 and 15.
Students will have access to an extensive photo essay and video tutorials as well as the live Zoom time. Please use the email during checkout for which you would like to receive the Zoom link and photo essay.
Tuition portion of this course $160.
Materials kit and digital content portion of this course $175
Shipping (included in registration fee) $12
Materials kit includes:
- Monk’s cloth backing with drawn sunflower design
- Q-snap frame for stretching backing
- Oxford “mini” fine point punch needle
- Bent scissors
- Hand-dyed wool yarn from our farm’s sheep in design colors
- Access to digital copy of photo essay and video tutorials (links and passwords provided with kit)
Materials you will want to supply for the course:
- 12 large safety pins
- steaming iron and ironing board
- fabric scissors
- needle and thread (preferably cream or white, upholstery thread works great)
- pillerator (recommend Remington Fuzz-Away)
This course is designed for beginners, but it can also be a great refresher for punch needle rug hooking, specifically the fine point style, which uses the same yarns as Laura’s tapestry courses.
Because shipping is included in this course fee, you can select “no pickup required” during the checkout process. If you need your kit shipped to an address other than your billing address, please note this in the checkout.