Curious about other backing materials you can use with your Oxford punch needles? Want to learn more about working with Celtic knots and their design? This class combines both ideas! Designed for graduates of Laura’s Punch Needle Rug Hooking Level-2 course, this class not only invites you to create this beautiful project but will also have opportunities to stretch and explore, including trying out other upcycled fabrics in your stash or drawing Celtic knots for future inspiration. And, of course, there will be Celtic stories and songs along the journey! Knot design is 10 inches wide.
Prerequisite, Fine Point Punch Needle Rug Hooking Level-2
This Zoom class meets on Sunday afternoons, 2-4pm CST, July 9, 16, 23, and 30.
Class Kit Includes:
- Upcycled cotton backing, heather blue, with drawn pattern
- Colorful wool yarn from our sheep
- Digital copy of photo essay with instructions
If you need to have the kit shipped to you, please add shipping in the checkout process.
Students will also need to supply:
- Frame for stretching monk’s cloth–either Q snap or gripper strip (gripper strip preferred)
- Size 14 and 13 fine Oxford punch needle
- Bent scissors (same as used in Level-1)
- Iron and damp cloth for steaming
- Pillerator or fuzz-away
- Any additional fabrics you would like to try punching. In class, we’ll discuss do’s and don’ts.
- Drawing supplies for playing with knotwork forms
- Any additional materials you might desire for finishing your piece, such as supplies for turning it into a pillow
With the purchase of this ticket, I’ll send you an email with the Zoom invite. Be sure to use the email address in the checkout that you would like me to use for sending you this link. Sessions will not be recorded. The detailed photo essay instructions are a great help if you can’t make all the sessions.