Ready to add to your Oxford style fine point punch needle rug hooking skills? This Level-2 course in a cheerful cardinal theme will add to your foundation skills with new twists including stretching the backing on a gripper strip frame (frame not included in kit), punching with different sized needles (kit includes a #13 “mini with heels” punch needle), stem stitch, finessed borders, finer outlines, creative backgrounds, and two versions of fold forward finishes (crochet and whipped edge).
Zoom classes run 1-3 pm CST on the Thursdays of August 10, 17, 24, and 31
Students will have access to an extensive photo essay and video tutorials as well as the live Zoom time. Please use the email during checkout for which you would like to receive the Zoom link and photo essay.
Tuition portion of this course $160.
Materials kit and digital content portion of this course $125
If your kit needs to be shipped to you, please add this in the checkout. Shipping is not automatically included in the cost of the course.
Materials kit includes:
- Monk’s cloth backing with drawn cardinal design
- Oxford #13 “mini with heels” fine point punch needle
- Hand-dyed wool yarn from our farm’s sheep in design colors
- Access to digital copy of photo essay and video tutorials (links and passwords provided with kit)
Materials you will want to supply for the course:
- Supplies from your Level-1 kit, including #14 “mini” punch needle and bent scissors
- Gripper strip frame (recommended), either 14×14 inch or 18×18 inch, or you may use the Q snap frame if preferred. A few of the 14 inch size are available in “tools and supplies” under Fiber Loft in our e-store, or you can order direct from Oxford Co.
- steaming iron and ironing board
- fabric scissors
- needle and thread (preferably cream or white, upholstery thread works great)
- sweater pillerator
- tapestry needle or size D crochet hook
- fabric clips or clothes pins
This course is designed for graduates of Laura’s Level-1 course.